Please read carefully as there are several changes all band directors need to be aware of as the entry process begins.
New for 2014 is that performance order will be determined by postmark date of your entry form. This was done in order to gather as much information as possible for show sponsors and the WBA office prior to the summer break. You will be able to "reserve" your entry without having to submit payment until September 1, giving you more time to request checks for payment of entries. We feel this is a win-win for both WBA and band directors as we will have the information we need to plan the season, while giving you four months to submit payment.
Please read the policy below and should you have any questions, please contact Kathy Whitcomb, WBA Administrator at [email protected]
WBA Entry Policy for 2014
• Each band director is responsible for insuring that they can login the WBA Directors Only section of the website in order to submit entries. Please do this now rather than on the day entries begin so that you can submit your entries in a timely manner. More than likely we will be unable to resolve any technical difficulties if you wait until the day entries begin.
• Entries into 2014 WBA events will begin on May 1, 2014 via the WBA website.
• Membership fee for 2014 has been reduced to $150 per band. Entry fee for each regular contest is $250. Entry fee for WBA Grand Championships is $400.
• Postmark date of entries will determine performance order (change for 2014). Bands with the earliest postmark date will perform last in their class of competition. Bands with the same postmark date will be randomly drawn within their postmark to determine performance order.
• Payment for entries can be made by four methods: credit card, check, purchase order and PayPal.
• You do not need to submit payment at the time of entry, unless you are using credit card or PayPal. Checks and purchase orders will be issued an invoice and payment will be due September 1, 2014.
• Any entries not paid in full by September 1, 2014, will be voided. Band will lose its original postmark and must begin the process all over again with a new postmark date.
More information will be available in the coming weeks as we get closer to May 1. Again, please confirm your ability to login to the Directors Only area prior to that date. We want your entry process to be as smooth as possible as the first step towards a great 2014 season for your band and WBA!